Protect Your Family from the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide
A carbon monoxide detector is an essential line of defense for the ones you love. 1st Choice Plumbing Heating and Cooling are proud to offer carbon monoxide detector installation services for homeowners in Parker, CO. Every family should have a carbon monoxide detector in their home, and it’s even better to have one installed on every level of your home, including next to your heating equipment. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly, so you owe it to yourself and your family to have them installed or ensure they’re working correctly. Our team can assist you with carbon monoxide detector placement to keep your family safe at all times. Learn more and get in touch with us for a quote.
Why Carbon Monoxide Is Dangerous & How to Avoid It
Carbon monoxide is a gas consisting of carbon and oxygen. The gas can be produced when carbon fuel fails to burn completely. Some examples of carbon fuel include wood, coal, gasoline, propane, heating oil, and natural gas. Be sure to burn these energy sources in an open area with lots of ventilation. Carbon monoxide becomes dangerous in confined spaces and is difficult to detect without a sensor. Carbon monoxide is deadly. The gas can bind with your bed blood cells, starving your body of oxygen after it passes into your lungs. Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning to watch out for include headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, shortness of breath, and fatigue. Symptoms can be similar to a cold or flu, making them difficult to detect. Without treatment, carbon monoxide poisoning can be lethal, which is why it’s so important to have a CO detector in your home. Here are some tips for preventing carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Don’t Run Your Vehicle in the Garage – Pull out of the garage before you warm up your vehicle in the winter. Carbon monoxide is produced by vehicle exhaust and can build up quickly in closed spaces such as garages.
- Always Use Proper Ventilation – Running gas-powered tools can be very dangerous when done in an enclosed area like a garage or basement without adequate ventilation. These tools include space heaters, generators, pressure washers, and more.
- Don’t Use a Gas Range – Avoid using a gas range in your home because gas stoves produce carbon monoxide and can fill your home with deadly gas.
- Practice Cooking Safety When Camping – Enjoy the outdoors responsibly. Don’t use a camping stove, charcoal grill, or hibachi inside a tent, home, or camper.
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector – Most of the best carbon monoxide detectors are affordable and can be easily installed by our team of experts.
How to Detect Carbon Monoxide
The most accurate and fastest way to detect carbon monoxide poisoning is with a carbon monoxide detector. They work in the same way that fire or smoke alarms do. The team at 1st Choice Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning can help you choose the best make and model to install in your home. We can help you determine the ideal placement and how many detectors your home should have. We recommend you check carbon monoxide detector reviews for the best low-level carbon monoxide detectors.
Choose Us for Professional Installation
If you’re ready to protect your family, get in touch with 1st Choice Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning for carbon monoxide detector installation services. We’ve been serving the Parker, CO area since 2001 and also offer plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Contact us today to schedule service or obtain a quote.